Saturday 10 January 2015

FOODIE FRIDAY: SPICY RICE WITH QUORN

Hey Everyone!

So today's Foodie Friday is a little HOT! It kinda burnt my mouth, probably because I don't normally eat such spicy food. Again I have used quorn chicken but didn't think this will occur every Friday it was just what I was feeling at the time. Any whosies, I hope you enjoy!

Recipe name: Spicy rice with quorn

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Serves: 4

What you'll need:
- 300g of quorn chicken pieces
- 2 bags of boil in a bag rice
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped peppers
- 125g of chopped chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of tomato puree
- Half a teaspoon of Nando's peri peri sauce
- A sprinkle of basil, black pepper and salt.
- A third of a glass of water


How to make it:
I started to boil my water for the rice in a saucepan. I added the olive oil to the frying pan for my chicken pieces and once hot enough added the them to the pan. When the saucepan was ready I added the rice. I put 4 tablespoons of tomato puree and half of teaspoon of the Nando's peri peri sauce in to glass and added about third of water to it. Mix these in the glass to get a creamy consistency but you don't want it too watery. I added the garlic, basil, black pepper and salt to the frying pan and stirred. 5 minutes had passed and I added the chopped vegetables and stirred. When the rice is ready to be drained off I added the sauce to the chicken for it to warm. Turn the chicken hob off and I mixed the rice in with the chicken pieces. Dinner is ready to be served!


Again this was another first attempt for me, but my lovely dinner guest ended up finishing my portion because I found it too spicy. If you like a bit of hotness then this is the dish for you.


Have a good one!


-Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment