The red in tomatoes helps reduce the risk of heart disease, prostate cancer, and other types of cancers.
* The yellow in corn protects against macular degeneration, the number-one cause of blindness in the elderly.
* The orange in carrots and sweet potatoes helps prevent heart disease by lowering cholesterol and helps reduce the risk of stroke.
* The green in dark, leafy greens helps prevent cancer.
* The blue in blueberries helps protect memory and motor function as you age, and helps fight cancer and heart disease.
* The purple in Concord grapes and grape juice helps prevent heart disease.
So when you’re filling your shopping cart or your plate, think the more color, the better!